What Impact do you feel STATE DAY OFSERVICE made on the community and/or how hasit impacted you
- Positive spin on what the media portrays to be a negative day on campus
- We helped the community and put a positive light on a day that typically does not make our
school look so good
- It was good to give kids another option for this weekend to choose service over shenanigans
- It really brought the community together! Community members and college students grow
closer and gained a greater appreciation for the area
- I think it proved to the community that PSU students can do good. We made the community a
better place because of it
- I feel that State Day of Service is an opportunity to get more students involved in non-drinking
related events. Even if you aren't the actual mess, it's an opportunity to make a small difference
by not being destructive
- I feel as though State Day of Service made a positive impact. Although the Arboretum was
really publicized to the community, I know we made an impact
- I feel like I am starting to love community service instead of just spending my time for myself
- Helping out on State Day of Service felt like we were doing right when so many people were
- Reduced underage drinking and other accidents
- It promoted a positive community instead of the negativity State Patty's brings to PSU
- State Day of Service made the community a better place and I have become more selfless
- State Day of Service was a fun experience to be more clean and improved my teamwork skills
- I think State Day of Service gave some students an alternative to other activities on State Patty's
Day. It helped them meet new people as well as have fun
- State Day of Service really made me feel like I was giving back to the community and like I
was I was spending the day productively as opposed to counter productively. I felt great and as
if the community benefited and appreciated it very much.
- State Day of Service undid some of the damage State Patty's did to State College's reputation.
Plus I did service and possible more than usual which is great!
- State Day of Service gave students a way to feel productive and helpful on a day where so
many are just plain destructive. I was happy to participate and do something that benefits the
community instead of harming it
- State Day of Service shows that Penn State cares more about something more than drinking. I
felt more connected to other students that day
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.